Pages

DIY Ring Display Box

Friday, July 6, 2012


These are some little rings I started making when I had a few random tiny flowers leftover without a match. Because I use embroidery floss for my blossom earrings and I can get 5 flowers out of one bundle.. leaving one left alone. I had a few of them already made, so I decided to turn the rest of my loner flowers into rings and try to sell them at the upcoming craft sale next Saturday. But I wanted them to have their own display... SO hmmm.. I thought and thought about what I could do and I came up with this brilliant idea! I wanted something long and thin, wide enough for my rings to be in one singular line. ... What could I use to create what I had in my mind for this display???????

Well, since I like to buy every thrift store and yard sale Scrabble game I find (because I collect the tiles), I always have the tile holders left over and don't know what to do with them besides chuck them out. Good thing I didn't chuck them just yet! I took 4 of them and hot glued them all together. I used E6000 for connecting the bottom and held them for awhile since it's a slow drying glue, but that wasn't working so I pulled the bottoms apart and just used hot glue.


After that was well secured together I got out my foam curlers I just picked up from the dollar store and glued them together in the length that I needed. I made two long foam lines. Then I wrapped them both in some fabric I've had and hot glued them shut.


Then I just loaded the inside of the wooden holder with hot glue and squished each roll in place. I actually glued one side in at a time. Oh, and since the rest of my product displays are an old darkish wood look I stained the wood piece with my brown acrylic craft paint before gluing in the rolls. It worked perfect! 

And here it is! Exactly what I had in mind for these rings!!! 


Isn't it so stinking cute!!??!! I LOVE it! I'm so proud of myself! 

It only cost me $2 for the foam curlers since I had everything else on hand! 

Have you already seen the rest of my display table and craft show prep??


5 comments:

The Ravert Family said...

Awesome idea...I love it! I'm sure that you will have a great time next week at your craft how ;)

Suzie said...

so clever!!!

Dominique said...

Very smart to use foam rollers !

keri @ shaken together said...

That is SERIOUSLY creative and so useful ... thanks so much for sharing this at the {what's shakin' link party}!!

Brandi said...

Jessica, you are so clever. Good luck at your show and thanks again for stopping by my blog.