Pages

Pumpkin Blocks Decor

Sunday, September 30, 2012


It's pumpkin time! I love pumpkins! They make such great Fall decor! 
 
Here's a fun project I did to prepare for my favorite season, .. which is here now! My hubby's parents had a huge pile of scrap wood in the basement that they were going to use for firewood, but I thought I'd rummage through first and pick out a few pieces I thought worth saving!


I decided these plain squared pieces of wood could be cute transformed into pumpkins!

So I sanded every inch and corner of the pieces really well. To get the pumpkin lines in the wood I used a small knife from my kitchen and slowly made slice marks, then used the skinny edge of a folded piece of sand paper to make the slices more defined. 

I mixed a few of my acrylic craft paints together to get a somewhat orange color. It turned out a bit more coral than I was going for, but after they were all painted I thought it was actually a perfect shade!

 I took skinny pieces of wood I got from their pile and cut them to size to use for the stems, painted them, and hot glued them down. 

To get my wire to look swirly-like, I twisted wire tightly around a pen, then played around bending them how I wanted them to hang, then hot glued the piece to the top of the block around the stem. Fabric bows seems like the perfect finishing touches!

I LOVE THEM!



They turned out so cute! I am so super impressed with my sweet little pumpkins! 

Happy Fall Decorating!


1 comment:

c said...

Wow very pretty!!!

Paula G