Pages

Homemade Choclate Syrup

Monday, April 18, 2011

 Ugh, I despise the dying-of-hunger part of being sick.. When I get the flu I can never eat much at all for like 3 days and my poor tummy cries "feeeeeed meeee!" Any time I'm sick I always crave fast food hamburgers and fries! So that's what I got last night after hubby came home from work and I ate most of it :) But today nothing was just tasting good at all, so I didn't eat. Then I thought, "hmmm, I can usually eat ice cream any time.." We have vanilla ice cream, but vanilla is not my favorite and it's kind of too sweet. Hmmmm..

Solution to plain old vanilla ice cream when you're more of a chocolate person... 

Homemade chocolate syrup!!! 

Ingredients:

1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Put all the ingredients expect for the vanilla into a pot and mix together.

Cook for about 8 minutes on medium heat.
Keep stirring the whole time.

 After 8 minutes, remove pot from heat and stir in the vanilla. 

Let the syrup cool off for a while.

Then you can pour it into a jar or other bottle .


 I used my Heinz chili sauce bottle that I had saved 
{I save all my glass jars and bottles- isn't it a neat one?}

Like my homemade funnel??
I cut the top of a 2 liter soda bottle a while back. Works fine!


 Then I put it in the fridge! 

... And came back later for an attempt at eating something for once today.

I drizzled some chocolate syrup over my plain ole vanilla ice cream!  
{It didn't seem to thicken up yet. Maybe it will the longer it's in the fridge}


But then I decided I'd rather make it a shake.. 


Y.U.M 

I ate it all! ... but then I felt kind of sick. 
It's time for this flu to leave the house.

Anyway, enjoy!

3 comments:

Sailing with bare feet said...

YUMMY !!!!!!

LBB said...

Looks so yummy ! & what a great idea for your funnel:)

Kelly said...

sounds good! feel better soon - we've got a cough and cold over here, bleh.