Pages

Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies

Thursday, April 28, 2011


Y.U.M!
Ice cream sandwiches are the best thing ever! .. well okay, I'm sure I could easily find something else that beats them, but when it comes to ice cream, there's pretty much nothing else that tops it for me. 
I found a recipe for butter-less chocolate chip cookies the other day and I wanted to try it out and see it how good they'd turn out. Well, they turned out pretty alright if I do say so. Hubs liked them. 
I made them big and fat! So they're giant ice cream sandwiches! YES!


Add some sprinkles!! 

What a fun treat for a little get together, or party :) 
I love collecting simple food and snack ideas and storing them away for special things. 

Now... I'd like to go take a bite out of one of these babies!

Recipe for 
Butter-less Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside
In a mixing bowl cream together oil, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add in the vanilla and almond extract.
Blend in dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake for 8 to 9 minutes and then let them cool on the pan before moving them to a wire rack.

Recipe found at Sugar and Charm Blog


2 comments:

Dresden said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've been looking through your blog, it's so great! I LOVE your owl ornaments-did you use a pattern or just make them up? I think you just gave me a new idea for our Christmas tree this year! Oh and I'll be making these ice cream sandwiches very soon!!

Sailing with bare feet said...

Oh my gosh .. Ben saw this and he was like (Your sister made ice cream cookies.. They look amazing) haha