Pages

DIY apothecary jars

Wednesday, May 18, 2011


I love pretty things! And apothecary jars are pretty! 
I see them all over blog land and I'm always wanting to make some of my own. 
I'm always saving food jars in case I find cool ideas for them, and this is definitely one! 

Here are a couple of candle sticks I found at the thrift store for $1.99 total.
 
 I spray painted them and the jar lids black

Then hot glued the jars to the candle sticks
 
 
Then in my giddy excitement I rushed to the dollar store for some sweets to fill my new pretties!  .. seriously, seconds after securing the last jar down with glue I pretty much reached for my purse and took off! The project just wasn't finished until I had something inside. haha!

Ta-da!!


What?! York Peppermint Patties at the dollar store?! 
.. ya, I snatched up a few bags of those!
And some other candies too!


I love how they look on my counter!



Total costs spent on making these- pretty much only $1.99 since I had everything else on hand.. the candy doesn't count!

Gotta love a fun, quick and pretty little project like this!

3 comments:

Chris said...

These are so cute! Thanks for sharing at Us and Them! Hope to see you back next week. Chris

LBB said...

Very cute idea!

Chelley said...

Hmmm. I do have some random jars lying around. I think I just found a use for them....