Pages

silverware wall hanging

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Yeah, we finally have something on one of our kitchen/dining room walls!


  This was a pretty inexpensive project to make since everything came from two of my favorite kinds of stores-- dollar store and thrift store! 


Here are all my supplies I used for the project: 
strip of fabric- found a couple yards at the thrift store for $1.99
Krylon bronze-ish spray paint- walmart (this was purchased for a different project actually)
Canvas (already painted it before photo)- $2 at the dollar store (not sure of the size but I know it's bigger than 11x13)
Adhesive flexible silverware mirrors- dollar store! These are pretty neat.
twine, scissors, glue gun, stable gun

After cutting my fabric piece to the size I wanted, I stapled it to the wood of the canvas...


...then hot glued a line of twine on the top and bottom of the fabric to even it out a little and hide the scrappy edges. 

Next peeled of the mirror backings and added some hot glue (the adhesive would for sure wear out quick, no doubt) and secured them down in the right places. .. they may be a little crooked! But I think
 it turned out pretty nice.


 
 

happy creativities!

3 comments:

Megan Gunyan said...

This is cute! And right in my budget! What a creative idea!

Liz said...

This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for, for my dining room. It's fun, unique, and I love it!

Laura said...

How cool! Thanks for linking up.